WoodWood Spring 12.



I have a lot of love for brands that pave the way and that are not shy when it comes to sticking their neck out and pushing new ideas.
Having started around 2002 WoodWood instantly started to make waves in their local community and it wouldn't be long before those ripples started to catch the attention all around the world. I first came across the brand and their ideas on a trip to Berlin where I found their little shop on the east side of town. I was instantly impressed by the range of clothing they had in their and by the way the staff in the shop were polite and helpful, they even gave me a cup of fresh lemon tea as I arrived through the door. They certainly knew what they were doing as I left the shop around an hour later with arms full of items.
This is when I first came in contact with their own clothing too, I had bought one of their sweat shirts on that day and as soon as I put it on I could feel the quality and that it was cut with a lot more thought than the average street wear brand. I still have that same jumper today and it is still going strong. I think this one of the great things about the company, due to their classic design and well made garments you can wear them season in and season out with out feeling scruffy or out of touch.
They have a clever way of using under stated colour ways to promote their brand, I think that is key, they never over promote things or try and stand out in the crowd they just sit in the back ground pushing their own ideas with out following the fashions.
I reckon that this is way they will stay at the top of their game for a long time to come. I'm sure in ten or twenty years time you will still be see WoodWood on the backs of a wide range of people. We can only hope that we will see a flag ship shop in the UK soon, outside of London would be nice but I'm not sure if that will happen, but fingers crossed.
I think it is a great time for streetwear, it has now srugged off its urban root and is focusing more and more of great cuts and traditional fabrics. WoodWood are a great example of this.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Category

Category

Popular Posts

Category

Category

Blogger templates

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.